Certificate of Competence in Personal AT
Are you already involved in a health and social care profession in a paid or volunteer capacity? As an educator of youth or adults or as a physician, nurse, psychologist, social worker, carer, or counselor? Perhaps you are working in an complementary or allied health profession, for example, as a nutritionist, yoga teacher or similar?
If you haven’t already learned AT for yourself, this PATP Certificate course starts you on an exciting journey of self-discovery and self-care and is the a pre-course requirement for applying for the PGCert-AT.
Autogenics is learned in once weekly 1 hour meetings over 8 weeks with a BAS trained Autogenic Therapist. The BAS members pictured below are approved by the British Psychological Society Learning Centre to teach this Certificate. Distance Learning by Zoom, which is GDPR compliant, as well as by Face2Face (F2F) is offered by almost all therapists as indicated below. Click through to read their profiles. Please contact the therapist of your choice.
BPS has accredited it for 20 CPD hours for BPS members. Most other professional organisations also accept this course for Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
The aims of the Personal Autogenic Training for Professionals (self-care) course are :
- develop skills to actively incorporate Autogenic Training into your personal and professional life for well-being and the management of stress; and,
- develop skills to consider whether clients with whom you work now or in future may benefit from a learning and practising Autogenic Training for themselves.
On completion of this course, you will able to:
- explain how Autogenic Training impacts or assists you in maintaining your own well-being in the face of stress;
- explain the basic psychophysiological underpinnings of Autogenic Training as these relate to your own autogenic practice;
- explain the cognitive-behavioural mechanisms underlying autogenic training in relation to psychophysiological homeostatic mechanisms of stress and relaxation;
- decide when to recommend Autogenic Training to others; and,
- critically reflect on the autogenic process and its applications.