Diploma in Autogenic Training (Dip AT) – Level 2
Level 2 – Three-year post-graduate training course
On completion of the Level 1 Diploma in Autogenic Training students can proceed to Level 2, which is a three-year post-graduate course, designed to:
• deepen students’ experience of AT
• enable students to practise as psychotherapists
• meet the registration requirements of the UKCP
The course includes training in Autogenic Neutralisation, a unique method of depth psychotherapy in which the client is actively involved in observing and commenting on their own process of development. A very wide range of clients can benefit from this therapy with skilled support from the Autogenic Psychotherapist.
Eligibility for the Level 2 Course
You are eligible to apply for this training if you have completed the Level 1 Diploma of Autogenic Therapy (Dip AT) and can show sufficient experience in working with the Standard Exercises.
• BAS Level 1 qualification, with adequate experience of client work
• Own supervision and supervisor’s reference
• Relevant Continuing Professional Development
• At least six sessions of Autogenic Neutralisation already completed for yourself, and a contract for further ongoing sessions (signed statement from AT therapist)
• Professional insurance
A total of 900 hours over three years is anticipated. These will include training days, clinical practice, supervision, and study hours. Autogenic Neutralisation will take up the majority of the teaching and clinical practice hours.
Accredited Prior Learning
For those students already working in psychotherapy, previous training will be taken into account. The admissions process will help you to form your Personal Learning Plan, indicating where you need additional knowledge or skills and how you intend to meet those needs. This Personal Learning Plan will be further developed on the course, and assessed.
Courses are normally held at the Royal Homoeopathic Hospital in central London, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3HR.
Cost to be confirmed. The fee will not cover your individual Autogenic Neutralisation sessions, or your supervision hours.
The Diploma in Autogenic Psychotherapy Course (Dip AP)
• Autogenic Psychotherapy
- Autogenic Neutralisation
- Developments in Autogenic Therapy and Psychotherapy
- Creativity Mobilisation Technique
- Continuing Autogenic Self-Analysis
• Research methods
• Developmental psychology
• Recent research in psychology, neuropsychology and psychoneuro-immunology
• Sociology and social psychology
• Therapeutic relationship and clinical practice
The total number of hours, over three years, is anticipated as 900, which include training days, clinical practice, supervision, and study hours. Autogenic Neutralisation will take up the majority of the teaching and clinical practice hours.
The following methods will be used as appropriate during the course:
• Written short answer exam
• Written autobiography / individual learning plan / on-going journal (including self-assessment)
• Work with clients under supervision, supervisor’s reports
• Written case histories (including ongoing assessment and feedback by personal supervisor)
• Research project: dissertation of 8 – 10,000 words
• Peer assessment
• Appropriate placement
All participants will need to complete:
• own Autogenic Neutralisation sessions
• client work with Autogenic Neutralisation
• adequate supervision hours
• all written work including research project
To gain UKCP registration, further assessment will be carried out according to the UKCP registration criteria.
If you would like further information about practitioner training, or an application form, please email here giving your postal address, and what led you to our website, or contact us at the address on the Contacts Page.